Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Holy Catfish


Where would we be without the lovely expressions of our grandparents.  Because of major changes occurring in the Rogers family's life my grandma "mimi" (as some of you might know her) has come to use that turn of phrase more than once in a sitting.  We currently have about seven huge men moving my families 270+ boxes of furniture, possessions, etc. to a large truck outside.  I was thinking before this week how excited I was to be moving from the Waco area, but now it seems to be a little bitter sweet.  I am not too excited about our new home but am about its location.  By the way we are moving to Celina, TX, just north of Frisco and Prosper.  This means ultimately I will be living in the Dallas area again... close to friends, family and stuff to do.
I just got home from seeing dear Amy Duncan last night.  I had a blast visiting her family's new home in Georgetown.  We drove down to Austin yesterday and ate at Pita Pit on Congress (would highly recommend) and then headed to SoCo for a little shopping.  We hit up all of the cool antique store and quirky little shops.  Amy's favorite by far had to be the old time candy store.  They sold crickets there seasoned with different spices to make them oh so delicious.  No, I resisted and did not purchase this delicacy and no I did not even consider it hahah. We did have the most fabulous cupcakes ever at Hey Cupcake! (They put sprinkles to shame).  Amy had the Michael Jackson and I had the 24 Carrot.  Yummmy!
Alas, I still have no job.  I had an interview last week with a company called Crosstex Energy.  I got the feeling they are looking for an Accounting major and not a Finance major.  I have a phone interview tomorrow with Guidestone Financial so we'll se how that goes.  I am being patient.... sorta.  My mom keeps reminding me that it took so and so six months to find a job and it took so and so almost a year.  I am very ready to be in a constant groove of things rather than not knowing what the heck I'm going to do tomorrow.  Ideally I would love to travel with work when I start out.  By travel I mean internationally.  Perhaps go on a rotation and live somewhere for a few months.  Any suggestions?
That is all I have for an update right now.  Please pray that I find a job soon!  Love y'all and miss you terribly! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

my suggestions...merrill lynch in jacksonville :) or i randomly heard of some one talking about this ibm job that has rotations. i think this is the what i remember them telling me about but may be totally wrong: http://www.intel.com/jobs/usa/students/programs/finance.htm
Good luck on your intervies!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash